Ferdinand/Elefant Availability?

Hmmm, after checking it out thoroughly it becomes available only from April 1944, in CMAK, but were available to the 14th Army, against Anzio in Feb '44. They arrived in Rome about the 24th of Feb '44. Then participated in the second major attack on Anzio. Go figure. *sigh* :(

Actually I show they didn't see any action til March 1st, and not in feb.

From www.actungpanzer.com:

After modernization, 48 Elephants were grouped into schwere Heeres Panzerjager Abteilung 653 and part of it was transferred to Italy in late February of 1944. They arrived in Rome by train via Salzburg, Innsbruck, the Brenner Pass , Trento and Florence on February 24th of 1944. They saw combat at Nettuno, Anzio and Cisterna as early as March 1st of 1944. sPzJagAbt 654 was moved to France in late 1943 and rearmed with Jagdpanthers. In April of 1944, part of sPzJagAbt 653 was transferred back to the Eastern Front. In Autumn of 1944, all existing Elephants were grouped into newly created unit - schwere Heeres Panzerjager Kompanie 614, sPzJagAbt 653 was re-equipped with Jagdtigers. sPzJagAbt 614 with some 13-14 vehicles saw service on the Eastern Front as late as early 1945 and eventually all remaining (4?) Elephants saw final service with Kampfgruppe "Ritter" in area of Zossen (south of Berlin) in mid April of 1945. When employed defensively in Italy and Russia, Elephants proved to be formidable opponents. As of January 1st of 1945, there were still 4 Elephants in service of which some took part in the defence of Berlin as part of Kampfgruppe Ritter.

Will see if I can get it moved a Month.

Rune

I was reading a translated War Diary of the 14th Army. It stated that the unit arrived in Rome for the 24th and placed as Army Reserve, under LXXVI PanzerKorps. The attack began on the 29th of March. So I do not doubt that the unit, 1./schwere Panzer-Jager-Abteilung 653, was not commited until March 1st. Thanks for the info.