New mod just a few days away

Thought I'd tease you a bit. Almost done with a new from-scratch mod. Getting excited. Might as well not leave you guessing.

m3a3-stuart.gif

Accuracy freaks are not going to disappointed with this one. (Hopefully this image link will display.) Stay tuned for more.

[ March 20, 2006, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Mikey:

I'm hoping for members of the M3 Medium family: Lee & Grant. A redo of that vehicle — tuned as your M4-series was — would rock! There are great opportunities for fun camo schemes with 8th Army Grants & Lees, and of course the mud-camoed Lees of U.S. 1st Armored Div in 1943 (ala Wicky's earlier mod); colorful markings; Lees with side doors; Lees without. The hull rear presents a challenge, of course, since it is incorrect for the radial-engined tanks. If you wanted to get REALLY detailed, you could do the welded M3A3 Grants (without all the rivets — the rear hull is already correct for the diesel engine). Oh! And don't forget to leave a door open for Lees & Grants in Burma, to go with junk2drive's CM:PTO stuff.

Here's hoping . . . :)

Mark

Oh, I forgot: your Shermans & Stuarts are quite exquisite. Thanks for sharing your passion with the CM community! My games look better for it. Thanks again!

Sorry for the confusion. Picture's been relinked I'm having awful trouble linking pictures these days.

It is an M3, but an M3A3 Stuart this time. Got to plough through the Stuarts in the game before I turn my attention elsewhere ;)

As to the line "...Thanks for sharing your passion with the CM community", maybe instead of 'passion' you should insert the phrase "distaste for prime-time TV". I swear, if I see another police procedural involving rotting corpses and anorexic bikini babes I'm throwin' the TV out the window! No wonder I prefer working on CM mods! :mad:

[ March 20, 2006, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

~Ah, well, perhaps next time~

:)

I totally follow on the "prime-time TV" comment. I never turn it on myself, except to watch a DVD.

By the by, I'm guessing that your work has also graced the pages of a couple Hunnicutt books. Great work there, too. I have the whole set, and man, I do miss not having the drawings in "Bradley".

Thanks again —

Mark

Lees & Grants Lees & Grants Lees & Grants

"I'm guessing that your work has also graced the pages of a couple Hunnicutt books."

Imagine this if you can.

Summer 1998 (I think), I'm stilling on my couch one Saturday afternoon minding my own business. The phone rings. The voice on the other end of the line says "This is R.P. Hunnicutt. I was wondering if you'd be interested in illustrating my next book." - just like that. Completely out of the blue. I stared at the phone reciever for a few seconds then said "Ehem... um... sure!" After the conversation I gently hung-up the phone, sat back down on the couch and staring at the phone I said to myself "Okay, now let's wait and see if Christie Brinkley calls me for a date!"

God's-honest truth.