tank quesation

recently during a QB, my grant parked up infront of aload of jerrys so he could shoot a load of HE into them to cover a squad moving up.

He instead then decided to spin around, not the turret the whole tank like 360, i dont think he even aiming at anything ... twas very wierd.

Ive also wittnessed this in a cmbb scenario i was playing yesterday.

I sent a rad out onto the flank. he moves off that way then spins round before continuing on :S

Any ideas other then combat stress was moddled into the game.

Ah, then... in German it means wheel and in Russian glad, and I couldn't be sure if it was a typo or abbreviation. So...

I have to admit not remembering seeing something like what you describe. How close were the units to the enemy in those cases? Maybe they thought they were too close for comfort and wanted to bug off..?

Do you remember that scenario on the CMBB disc called "Hornet's Nest" or something like that? I was ordering the Hornissen to move laterally just behind the ridge so that they would be out of sight of the enemy, and then make a left turn to shoot and scoot from a firing position. They would go up to the position I had marked, but instead of pausing to take a shot and then reverse, they would keep turning around to the left and drive back down the slope. I finally figured out that they wouldn't do that if I put more space between the left turn and the S&S order. But I never did find out why it did that twirly thing in the first place.

I don't know what that has to do with your particular problem, enigma, but you brought it to mind.

Michael

It happens. Funny thing with my PSW 231 in a scenario today. I was reconoitering a along a roadway to see what The Amis were up to. Turns out the A.I. had a bunch of jeeps ( sadly the A.I. tends not to be able to use transport vehicles succesfully ) and were driving them around recklessly. A few came my way and completely drove past my oblivious Unteroffizier! He just happily sat there firing at other jeeps that were in the distance. It just goes to show you even the greatest game has its moments! :rolleyes::D

Tschüß!

Erich

I think you will find silly things happen in RL. I am not sure whether it is in the Companion or in a Divisional history I read but it relates how a tank squadron rested up allowed a german horse drawn convoy to pass through them along a road.

Simply it was just too easy to have MG'ed it to death and simply no one had the heart to do it !!!

And to be honest, rather like playing football between the trenches at Xmas, I find it kind of warming that these things happen.

Originally posted by dieseltaylor:

I think you will find silly things happen in RL. I am not sure whether it is in the Companion or in a Divisional history I read but it relates how a tank squadron rested up allowed a german horse drawn convoy to pass through them along a road.

Simply it was just too easy to have MG'ed it to death and simply no one had the heart to do it !!!

And to be honest, rather like playing football between the trenches at Xmas, I find it kind of warming that these things happen.

love stories like that, the ones ive read mostly take place in the desert, back on the mainland seems like everything was fair game.

:(