Trouble with Text

AGCent

I have DLed the demo and installed. Everything seems to be running fine except the text on the screen. I can read nothing. It comes through as white blocks where the text is supposed to be but no writing is visible. This is true of the status and unit information areas that are on the bottom of the screen as well as the moveable text areas like when targeting enemy and you are given what I can only assume to be information on the enemy.

Before I invest in the full version, will this happen with the full version then I will have to wait for a patch? Or is this a known issue with the demo that has been taken care of in the full version?

I am running Win 98, AMD K-7 800, Voodoo5 5500, 128 megs RAM, ASUS MB @ 133 MHz.

Thanks,

AG, out.

------------------

Invenio Via Aut Facio

Guest Madmatt

Usually with the 5500's the FSAA setting that clears up the problem is 2x2 or lower although I thinkl it's really selecting the Single Chip Rendering option that clears up the issue. I am not sure FSAA is really related in this. People seem to do both and the then the problem goes away.

Madmatt