Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How do I view a map file?

Define map file.

If you mean that you downloaded a map form somewhere, it will be the same as a battle or op file without any units on the map.

In this case, copy or put the file into your scenarios folder for the game it is intended for. Then go into editor, click load and find the name of the map on the list of scenarios. Click that name and then click map. you should now be in the map editor screen. click the preview button to see the map. When finished, click go, then exit. It will ask if you want to save this file. If you didn't change anything, click no and nothing will happen to the original.

Does this help?

Mord is correct if that is why you download the maps.

If you intend to make a battle from a map, what I wrote will work.

I dl to a separate folder just for maps and scenarios. (quick scan for virus) Then I copy to the game folder I want and save the original in a folder within the folder. AK BB BO I have six installs.