No manual..... am I missing something ?

I've seen several people here refer to "the manual" Now, when I bought my game I didn't get a manual - I got a small booklet giving the basic commands and some hot keys but nothing else. In fact the CDV booklet advertising their other games actually had more pages than the game booklet. So should I have received something a bit more substantial ?

Not a moan or a whinge as I've got both previous games and knew how to play...not to mention the fact that my copy cost £19.99 rather than the usual £30-40 that some games cost. I'm just curious is all.

And to clarify even more, the manual gets installed along with the game and is called "CMAK Game Manual.pdf". For the Battlefront version there should also be a link to it in the new Battlefront Program group under the Start Menu. Not sure how CDV set up their program groups.

Madmatt

[ January 07, 2004, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Originally posted by Agentorange:

I feel completely clarified :D

But, alas having searched right through the CMAK folder I can find no trace of a PDF file....

Would it have prompted me to install it when I set up ?

I think they're saying that it's on the CD itself, not in the CMAK folder on your hard drive.

Could be wrong though... I haven't tried to look for the manual myself.

So, to recap:

Easiest way to find manual: stick CD in drive, click on manual shortcut in menu group.

Easy way to find manual: right click on your CD drive, select "find" or "search" and look for *.pdf

Hard way to find manual: look where it isn't.

smile.gif