Looking for players for strategy level CMBO campaign

I am looking for 6-10 players to play a strategy level CMBO game that I am going to GM. It will have reinforced battalion sized forces. I am copying the CMx10 system that JasonC used at one time. Unfortunately, I had a real hard time finding any topographical maps, so I just made a fictional map (but I think it looks fun). The time is supposed to be around the spring of 45, somewhere along the french/german front. US attacking Germans.

The schedule is going to be 1 set of tactical fights per week (game day will be saturday or sunday - and assuming that forces get engaged). The operational map size is 8km x 8km. This isnt going to nearly as complex/thorough as CMMC, but should be more fun than a standard operation game out of the box.

Some of the operational rules I will take into account are: supply, art barrage, air support/recon, reinforcements/lightly wounded. This is the first campaign I have done, so I am open to suggestions from participants (and non-participants), but again, I am trying to make this a relatively simple and quick campaign, as opposed to a super complex one.

Here is a link to the system that I am tyring to emulate: CMx10 (note, one important difference from the method JasonC used is that op moves will be approx 3 hours (day) and 1 night move. That will be 4 daylight op moves and 1 night move in a day. I will adjust the movement rules accordingly.)

I need at least 6 people who will be commited, and then 4-6 people who can serve lesser roles. I hope to get started in two weeks. Participants will be required to send orders to me, and report AARs from the battles. I will also take help GMing/making maps if anybody is interested.

Post here, or email at my listed email if you are interested.

• 3 weeks later...

For those interested the OpMap for this game is located here http://user.gru.net/mdwyer/jagst.htm

You should check the forum for the game for other news at this location http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_tbsparrow/

We will be setting up the sides and sending out the OOBs and OpOrders within a week. The shooting will start in about two weeks. The first turn may be slow since David is off on vacation (I cannot understand why he would go off at an important time like this). I will try to work out the opening deployment and first move and time it all to start when David returns.

Cpl Dodge will be on vacation for the next two weeks. In his absence I am trying to set the side up and get the players lined up at the starting line. If you are still interested please contact me by e-mail and let me know what side you perfer and what general level of experience you are.

Thanks, mike

• 3 weeks later...

Well the campaign has officially started today. It isnt too late for anybody else with the desire and some free time to join. Just send me an email to let me know, or post here.

Also, if you already sent me an email wanting to join, but havent heard back from me, that probable means I just missed it, or misplaced your note. Just send me another message and I can get you plugged in. It definitely isnt too late - the action is just starting.