Sesto Imolese

Kingfish

Looking for playtesters for a large, 55 turn semi-hisfictional scenario based on the German counterattack of the 2nd New Zealand division's bridgehead over the Sillaro river April 16th, 1945.

Units of the reinforced New Zealand 27th battalion vs elements from the 4th FJ, 26th PZ and 278th Infantry divisions, plus 504th schwere. Pz. Abtielung. Each side has ~4000 points.

Map is 1760 x 1360, mix of small villages / hamlets, farms and cultivated fields. 55 turns variable.

Here are a few screenies:

sestoimolese1mb5.th.jpg

This view is from the Northeast looking towards the Sillaro River and the Kiwi's perimeter. You can see that the rail line was cut by Italian partisans.

sestoimolese2ft2.th.jpg

The view from the Southwest, again towards the Kiwi lines. As you can see the ground is relatively flat, as is the case in this region of Italy. This makes for fairly good tank country, but I didn't include any tanks in this scenario.

sestoimolese3by2.th.jpg

This view is opposite the one before. The rail bridge was destroyed by the Germans just before they retreated across the river. You can just make out the destroyed road bridge at extreme left.

sestoimolese4te5.th.jpg

This final view is of the town which this scenario is named after. Here is a good shot of the destroyed road bridge as well as the two pontoons thrown up (but not completed) by the Kiwis. A tempting target for an artillery strike to be sure, but I didn't include artillery either.

Drop me a line if you are interested in playtesting it. My address is in my profile. Normally I would have it available at the Proving Grounds, but at the moment I do not have any briefings to go with it, and it will be a while before I can finish them. I will include a short writeup describing the general overview as well as each side's objectives in the e-mail.

BTW, this should only be played in H2H or hotseat mode. Don't waste it against the AI.

Edit: forgot to add that the screenshot parameters were chosen just to show as much of the map as possible, and thus differ considerably from the actual scenario. The game parameters are dawn, fog and cold with damp ground conditions.

[ November 19, 2006, 06:30 AM: Message edited by: Kingfish ]

I've played a very enjoyable large scenario of yours like this against Bigduke6 where the Allies are attacking. We're playing a second now. I'll email him this and see if he fancies playing it in parallel, for the sake of balance.

I've certainly got spare capacity for another game right now.

Oh yes - I assume the tanks that aren't there are Tigers, the missing arty is nearly naval and we'll enjoy not using them on such a hot dry sunny noon.