PBEMH - very odd behaviour

PBEMH started acting very odd today. When a file was opened, instead of going multiplayer->load email, it went to scenarios.

If I exited that by hand and went to multiplayer->load email, it would load the correct one and work fine, until the next time it had to interact with the main menu when it would do the same again.

In the final step, instead of exiting it would open the editor.

The only thing I've changed (I think...) is I've installed a new front screen image, which obviously wouldn't do anything.

Very odd.

Originally posted by Sivodsi:

Other Means: care to explain a bit more? I'm still looking for a cure for my PBEMH problem: it doesn't load up games anymore (though I can still send them).

Have you modded the front screen? ISTM* that PBEMH fakes a click to the button on the page to open the dialogs etc. As I'd replaced the image with another one but the buttons didn't match. They were too low, therefore the click that was meant to open "multiplayer" opened "single player".

Then the faked button click for "exit" actually opened "editor".

So when I replaced the image back the buttons were in the correct place and the faked click worked.

So back up you BMP folder, re-install CM and see if PBEMH works as it should.

*someone will now come along with the real answer.