Squad level CM

I am sitting at work wondering if anyone has tried this before. I was thinking of making a little ~platoon level cm game at home. The base unit as a single soldier. I would get into the editor and use units like the bar unit, sniper (might be a little overpowered in this area), light mg team, reduced squads down to one rifleman, bazooka teams, reduced plt leaders to one man to represent squad leaders, captain hq down to two men to represent plt hq. Maybe use AFV or two. And then play cm like squad leader. So has anyone tried this and did it work very well?

I tried it. It was interesting. You would need some decent maps; I tried to convert the old AMBUSH! game to CM. I didn't test it too in depth, but it definitely worked.

In fact, I think one of my conversions is at the scenario depot in the CMBB section? Crossing The Sambre or something like that.

Why ask, though, when you can try for yourself? The only real drawback is the 1 minute turns but I suppose you would get used to it.