"Sahara" started ~3:20 a.m. PST on Turner Classic Movies/Time Warner Cable n/t

David I,

Hadn't seen it in years but really enjoyed it. Was somewhat distracted, though, by repeated musings regarding making the combat part of the movie into a CMAK scenario. I believe there are now enough goodies in the CM toolbox to make this possible, especially since we could have high quality DAK troops in lousy shape (badly dehydrated and overheated) by simply setting the appropriate fitness levels. The dust modeling in CMAK helps a lot, too, as does the far superior MG modeling.

Regards,

John Kettler

Also. just WHO was manning all the guns on Lulu during the final battle. Everyone was out in the trenches, it seemed. I guess they found a whole EXTRA crew somewhere in the ruins of that well, I guess. ;)

I built a CMAK scenario depicting this final battle. It's not that interesting, actually. (At least, MY version was not that interesting.) smile.gif

The MG's really keep the germans down. Especially as they are weakened and tired (etc.).

The single German 50mm mortar can make things interesting. Especially if it happens to take out the lone Vickers (or pin him at an important moment).

Still, kind of fun.

Gpig