Using CMAK to portray Pacific Theatre Battles . . .

Gpig

Heya . . .

I noticed in one of the online interviews given regarding CMAK, Martin (or was it Kwazydog) mentioned that with a bit of noodling/modding you could get some good Pacific Theatre scenarios going.

Palm trees, sand, water . . . viola!

Couple of questions . . .

Who was it that built the CMBO Pacific mod?

Did they create any scenarios?

I'm interested in Japanese OOB/TO&E sources since I know next to nothing about the Japanese army.

I'm keen to do a battle/operation on The Attack on Buna (From the Papuan Campaign).

Would anyone be interested in slogging through jungle and swamps to assault wire, trenches and MG bunkers with weakened troops in hot and humid weather?

Sounds sick, I know. smile.gif

I am still keen to do it. Unless, it's been done already. heh heh.

Gpig

I am the guilty party that worked up the Pacific mod for CMBO. I have considered a CMAK Pacific mod. Depending on the units and such it might be easy or a nightmare.

One problem is language files. CMBB used around 27 Meg for speech files. Believe me having Japanese speech files greatly enhances the 'feel' of a Pacific redress. It might be doable, using some of the speech files from CMBO, plus a few more IF I can get Japanzer (who did the original files for me) to work up more.

MikeT

MikeT,

I just wanted to say that the CMBO Pacific mod was a great piece of work. I enjoyed very much the Tarawa scenarios. It needs a hell of a lot more PR than it gets.

(If you redo it for CMAK that would be a great thing, you could use the Italians OB as the base for Japanese as they have a tad less firepower than the Germans?)

Los

p.s. if you need help let me know....

[ October 18, 2003, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Los ]

You will probably be glad to hear that I have CMMOS the Pacific mod, with some new things added and changed. Some new approaches to some features and some ideas I corrected.

BTW, I created an Iwo Jima map. However I cannot find mine. Is there any possiblity that you might have that map in the files you have?

MikeT