MasterGoodale's Mystery WWII Photo Thread (Pics Posted!)

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

This is the one I think at the very least bares a remarkable resemblance to Joseph Stalin. The women could be his second wife Nadezhda Alliluyeva, who allegedly committed suicide in the 1930s. Some speculate it was murder as she was very unhappy with her life with Stalin. I have another pic similar to this one.

Nothing at all like Iosif. Looks a lot more like Kliment Voroshilov, marshall and military leader of the USSR. See:

Voroshilov skiing and a few other sites.

But as far as I know, he wasn't in Germany at the time the other photos were taken (and why would he be at an obviously Nazi rally?). The woman looks a bit like his wife, too, BTW - coincidence I suppose.

Can you get a high-res image of his shoulder decorations and collar? Make it easier to identify him. I'm sure he's German.

Ian

[ February 17, 2003, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: ichadwick ]

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ichadwick:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

This is the one I think at the very least bares a remarkable resemblance to Joseph Stalin. The women could be his second wife Nadezhda Alliluyeva, who allegedly committed suicide in the 1930s. Some speculate it was murder as she was very unhappy with her life with Stalin. I have another pic similar to this one.

Nothing at all like Iosif. Looks a lot more like Kliment Voroshilov, marshall and military leader of the USSR. See:

Voroshilov skiing and a few other sites.

But as far as I know, he wasn't in Germany at the time thr other phots were taken (and why would he be at an obviously Nazi rally?). The woman looks a bit like his wife, too, BTW. Can you get a high-res image of his shoulder decorations and collar? Make it easier to identify him.

Ian </font>