Biltongs Excel orgy - I dont get it....

Originally posted by r0tten:

Hello everyone !

Is there any good and understandable tutorial with REAL step to step instructions (not to move between 100000000 rows in excel) and with tips and so on? I mean, this sounds very good but I do not understand this whole load....

There's a Player Guide that will hold your hand through the 1st battle... (in Word this time ;) - download it at the same place - 1st post in the Biltong thread has the site addresses.

Hope that will help ;)

As for 'BCR for Dummies' - no use writing it - don't have any Dummies playing BCR ;)

Seriously - don't be scared off by the rules - don't try and read through the whole lot - just use the Player Guide and roll up the parameters one by one. Once you've rolled up and played a single battle it will all fall into place.

Enjoy

Biltong

hi,

i'm just starting to learn CMBB & one day will definately be using your rules. the whole effort seems really well done. however i couldn't get your 0 - 10 die to work straight off, so here's one i've written in HTML & JavaScript (test it -i've had a bottle of wine).

if you just save it to your desktop & click on it it will open a browser window. then click the link & the number will appear in an alert box. i've only tested it on IE6 & Mozilla on pc but it should be ok for everything else.

hope it comes in useful.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"><html>

<head>

<title>Biltong's 0 to 10 generator</title>

<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">

<!--

rnd.tDate=new Date();

rnd.seed=rnd.tDate.getTime();

function rnd() {

rnd.seed = (rnd.seed*9301+49297) % 233280;

alert(Math.round(rnd.seed/(23328)%10));

};

</SCRIPT>

</head>