Soviet Tanks got upgraded alot even without changeing names does the game know this?

Originally posted by Santosdiablo:

For example teh IS-2 got upgraded alot in just a few months

http://www.battlefield.ru/is2_1.html

And the German Panther got down graded ;)

Read the link

The Germans hade to use worse materials so this gave worse tanks

Yup, the game knows. I rather suspect that the game consulted the author of the Russian Battlefield site on the matter.

If you potter with the scenario editor, you will find that the Panther Ausf A is listed with "occasional flaws in upper hull front", and the Ausf G with "frequent flaws in upper hull front".

You will also see that the angle on the upper hull front of the IS-2 changes from 30deg for the 1943 and early 1944 models to 60deg for the main 1944 model (the so-called "IS-2m").

All the best,

John.

The author of the page sais the was no IS-2m

Let me ctrl c ctrl v for you

The last myth I would like to resolve: today some people often call a late-war JS-2 as "JS-2m" or "JS-2M". In fact, JS-2M didn't exist whilst JS-2m appeared in 1954-56 after a serious moderinsation programm. Therefore, all war-time JS-2 tanks designatet as "JS-2" without any additional suffixes.

But thanks for the replies :D