Holy Crapoly!

Yeah yeah I know this should prolly go in AAR, but I mean, holy crap!

QB with everthing but fitness set to random vs AI. Experience etc all random too. I got stuck with regular troops, in a July Northern Allied Assault with no snow, mid day, rural map with one road, moderate trees, and it was pretty flat.

Ended up being (from what I can tell) a German Infantry combined arms, vs. an Allied Mechanized No armor. Date was random too; July 43.

Oh, and 800 pts.

I bought 2 tanks. Both PIVh's. 1x 75mm AT PB, 2x Wooden MG bunks. a BUNCH of barbed wire...

After this experience I've learned the benifits of barbed wire! Place it in treelines along avenues of advance, and put MG/PB's behind them to rape the inf trying to cross sneakily. It was amazing. I mean *LOOK* at this casualty rate!

9b.JPG

only one squad made it even close to my Mger, and it was the ruskie battalion HQ smile.gif

Pwnage!

10b.JPG

5 casualties vs. 214 casualties. (w00t)

Anyone else here use barbed wire in defense? or do you defenders only favor mines?

--Kornstalx

(first post, but I read this forum everyday) :cool:

I like mines, AP but esp. AT. I don't swear by them--but I like a roll back defense with a few strategically situated MGs and tank hunters. You can rout platoons with one minefield and an MG. Then you hide em and wait until they flank you, and hit their rear. Your unit will die, but may have caused a significant ratio of damage. Wire seems to be too much of a magnet for armor--they roll in and area target the likely ambush spots. Mines don't nec. require support. Wire doesn't cause any direct casualties either. It should though, imagine: "Verdammen sie es! Ich brach einen Fingernage!"

AT minefields work beautifully for me, because infantry seem to be so wonderfully effective against immobile AFVs in this game.

BTW, nice work Kornstalx! smile.gif

Ive only let the AI attack on me once; it was so imbarrising i prommised myself never to insult my 'play friend' like that again.

But, Barbed wire: YES.

Just so u know a bit more where the main infantery is going to come, and put a nice target reference point on just there. (For one should guide his fellow men the way to hell tongue.gif )

[ July 21, 2003, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: theike ]