Noob's 1st game...

I received CMBB yesterday & immediately installed it & then played the basic tutorial "The Iron Roadblock." Imagine my surprise when my lovely KV-1 got hit TWICE on Turn #11 & the crew bailed! :mad: Where's a Commissar when you really need one? To make a long story short, I still managed to pull out a major victory with just the HMG & the anti-tank people. Of course, if the Germans had done more than stroll across that clearing, it just might have been a different story... tongue.gif

Anyway, I just wanted to share my pleasure with this great game.

Haha, not so iron is it? I wouldn't be surprised if BF didn't leave a .001% chance of the crew bailing from the tank being splatterd with an uber-German loogie.

Well, the historical counterpart of this KV did finally get k-o'd, after 3 days when the Germans rolled up a second 88 (he killed the first one they tried to roll up) and I think it was a KV-2. Not a KV-1.

[ June 16, 2005, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Talk'scheap ]

Talk's, actually there were two incidents, one with a KV-2 and one with a KV-1. This one the Kv-1 was finally knocked out by infantry crawling up to it and planting enought explosives to knock it out. Took a couple of tries IF I remember correctly, the first time they just knocked off a thread.

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

Talk's, actually there were two incidents, one with a KV-2 and one with a KV-1. This one the Kv-1 was finally knocked out by infantry crawling up to it and planting enought explosives to knock it out. Took a couple of tries IF I remember correctly, the first time they just knocked off a thread.

Rune

Were those Australian infantry? tongue.gif

Originally posted by lammergeyer:

I received CMBB yesterday & immediately installed it & then played the basic tutorial "The Iron Roadblock." Imagine my surprise when my lovely KV-1 got hit TWICE on Turn #11 & the crew bailed! :mad:

Just to be sure, have you updated up your CMBB (should show 1.03 in the main screen)? Because the likelihood for bailing out was lessened in one of the patches.

Be sure to (eventually) play CMBB against a human opponent. Even if you have to buy a copy for a friend, or go to the Opponent Finder forum. Multiplayer takes CMBB to a whole new level.

And welcome. Come visit in the "General Discussion Forum" as well if you ever have some free time.