This MUST be fixed in CMx2

Gents,

I know BF.C is busy coding up the next game iteration. In the current series there's a very serious issue with QB's and the scenario editor.

Right now the myriad types of armored vehicles are organized, not by NAME, not be CALIBER, nay, not by any inherent property of the vehicle at ALL! No, they're listed in order of increasing _rarity_. Hmmph.

Sure, that's nice to know, but if I'm looking for the Pz IIIL2(bis.3, lang), why, for the love of all that's holy, can't I select the list to be alphabetized? Instead, I've got to remember reading in Glantz, "The Entire War" in volume XIX, page 892, footnote 7, that the Pz IIIL2 (bis.3, lang) was approximately 75% rare in April of '42. Sheeesh.

C'mon BF.C, stick a little button up there on the unit lists so I can select HOW they're organized.

Couple quick ideas:

- Rarity Factor

- Alphabetically/Numerically

- Date of Introduction in Service

- Caliber of Main Gun

- Maximum Armor Equivaleny

- Anything else that someone thinks is important

Oh, and while we're at it, instead of the little thumbnail info screen for the units (you know, when your cursor hovers over a unit you get that 4 line blurb at the bottom of the window) let's use the REAL information screen. The stuff we see IN GAME when we select the unit. Details baby, details!

Thanks for jumping right on that. Good job.

smile.gif

Ken

Originally posted by c3k:

Thank you for adding your support.

BF.C, as you can see, there is a veritable ground-swell of public opinion rising to support this idea. You cannot hope to fight the increasing tide of consumer desire.

smile.gif

Ken

LOL, I would love being able to see the detailed OOB of my units, without having to write it out myself. And to be able to jump to each formation and give orders from that window. It could always be made an option for those who don't like the idea. I know this kind of idea has been kicked around these forums for a long time, so I am sure BF.C is aware of it. I do not recall their current stance on the issue. Any info about the new engine would be much appreciated, though.

V-DHdV (If I may be allowed that privilege),

Thanks for adding to the tremendous support which has been flooding in...

I too, think the floating OOB screen with interactive unit listing is a good idea. Of course, that has NOTHING to do with this thread! smile.gif Now, if only there were a (drum roll) dedicated CMx2 Forum, your idea would dovetail nicely into a thread there.

If, in your wanderings, you stumble upon a thread about a dedicated CMx2 Forum, you may wish to find time to add a measure of support to it.

(The central core of this thread is the organization of the unit interface in the purchasing stage of a Quick Battle or the Scenario Editor.)

Thanks,

Ken

Originally posted by c3k:

V-DHdV (If I may be allowed that privilege),

Thanks for adding to the tremendous support which has been flooding in...

I too, think the floating OOB screen with interactive unit listing is a good idea. Of course, that has NOTHING to do with this thread! smile.gif Now, if only there were a (drum roll) dedicated CMx2 Forum, your idea would dovetail nicely into a thread there.

If, in your wanderings, you stumble upon a thread about a dedicated CMx2 Forum, you may wish to find time to add a measure of support to it.

(The central core of this thread is the organization of the unit interface in the purchasing stage of a Quick Battle or the Scenario Editor.)

Thanks,

Ken

hehe... sorry.

I was getting carried away.