Question about CMMOS?

First ya I should probably already know all this but, I never really got into CMMOS. I always picked and choosed my mods for CMBO, now I wanna give CMMOS a try.

OK here goes

I Downloaded all the CMMOS stuff for ver 4.02 and have been using them here and there. Now that 4.03 is out do I need to download all the mods again and the rulesets or just the rulesets, and of course ver 4.03.

Also can I just add the mod zip folders to the CMMOS mods folder or do I have to add each one through the CMMOS program itself, after I have added the rulesets obviuosly?

It just takes to long to add each one through the CMMOS programs.

Can anybody help me out?

Originally posted by Shatter:

I Downloaded all the CMMOS stuff for ver 4.02 and have been using them here and there. Now that 4.03 is out do I need to download all the mods again and the rulesets or just the rulesets, and of course ver 4.03.

I would think that it's backwards compatible -- at least, there was no warning it wasn't. You should be good to go with just downloading 4.03.

Also can I just add the mod zip folders to the CMMOS mods folder or do I have to add each one through the CMMOS program itself, after I have added the rulesets obviuosly?

You have to apply the mod through CMMOS. I haven't found that process to be bad at all; even the large mods are done in a minute or two. To me, it's an easy trade off for the flexibility that CMMOS offers.

Shatter, I was working with Gordon the last couple of months on CMMOS. Here is what learned.

I was able to install new version of CMMOS and new rulesets or even new versions of existing rulesets with no problems or horrors, real sigh I can assure you. In face I installed a new version of the German vehicle ruleset over the existing one and suddenly new icons appeared and new options were presented.

Go ahead and install the new one I don't feel you will have any problems.

It takes maybe a minute or less to install each mod or rule-set, depending on your CPU speed and hard drive speed.

A quick comment on the future of CMMOS. I am going to continue to convert vehciles and even uniforms into CMMOS. Last night I created a German uniform ruleset so I can create CMMOS versions of AndrewTFs, JorgeMCs, and my own uniforms. I got a Russian uniform pack from a gamer in France I want to add, I like his quilted uniforms. I even will work up a revised Russian uniform rule-set, maybe this weekend. Next up will be some German division mods, starting small with the SS28th Wallons with my dream being the German GrossDeutschland Division. The division mod will include uniform and vehicle changes.

CMMOS isn't dead, at least as far as I an concerned.

MikeT

What about the rulesets, wouldn't they need to be updated to display the new mods. Or are there new rulesets altogether that need to be downloaded?

I did notice some rulsets, but it looked like some areas had old rulesets with new mods?

[ January 23, 2003, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Shatter ]

Originally posted by Shatter:

Guess we were posting at the same time.

Thanks Mike I am just gonna install and see what happens, if any problems occur, I'll be back.

Glad here your going to continue on with CMMOS, now that I am using it, CMMOS is a very useful tool.

[ January 23, 2003, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Shatter ]