Need some help

Hey guys, just picked up CMBB:Special Edition today. But, I have a problem. I cannot seem to get the game at any resolution higher than 800x600. Preferably, I would like to set it to 1024x768 or higher. I am using a Radeon 9800 pro and I have my refresh rate at 85hz.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

If you've already set the resolution (happens the first time you fire up after installing) at 800x600 and would like to change it you need to delete the Combat Mission Prefs file in your CMBB directory. The next time you load up CMBB it should prompt you to choose from one of the resolutions that your monitor/vid card support.

On the other hand, if the problem is that the prompt won't let you choose anything higher than 800x600 you might have to change your native windows resolution. I don't know if this will help, but if you are running windows at 800x600 that might be the reason why you can't go higher than that in CMBB. Just bump the windows resolution up to 1024x768. You can do that by going to control panel and then the display properties icon and then hit the "settings" tab.

Hope one of those solutions works.

[ October 25, 2003, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Captain Wacky ]

Setting my desktop to 1024x768 works, thanks!

But, when I was cycling through the choices for a resolution earlier, I eventually got an error "could not initalize d3d" or something like that. Is this because I exausted my choices? And do I have to worry if that hurt my computer/video card in any way?

I have another question. I got fustrated with having to set my desktop at 1024x768 everytime I played. So, I decided to do a little experiment. I had my desktop at my default 800x600 and started up CM:BB (this was after I had set my prefrence to 1024x768). I was hoping that since my prefrence was 1024x768 it would default to that even though my desktop had changed. Nope, I got that stupid selection pop up box again(having the box pop up when you had your election already chosen won't hurt the game in any way, right?). My question is, is there any way to play CM:BB at 1024x768 without changing my desktop resolution all the time?

Also, can anyone point me to a total hi-res texture conversion for my CM:BB? I really don't feel like sifting through all the mods. Or maybe one of you guys can send me your texture folder with the mods already installed that I can use.

Thanks in advance, Ender.

ps-sorry for asking tech questions in general, but I don't want to make a new thread in technical that had all the additional posts missing.