CM model viewer?

One of my other favorite games besides CM is the Firearms mod for Half-Life. Lately I've been downloading a lot of custom models for the game's armaments, and have found the Half-Life Model Viewer to be a priceless utility for reviewing the models before actually implementing them to the game.

I've wondered if there already exists a similar model viewer for CM, or is there perhaps one under construction? Considering that the CM custom model/skin is growing day by day, it'd be useful to put the interesting models/skins "under scope" without all the hassle of having to test them in-game.

How is it?

Actually, the idea, though a great one, isn't all too new. Many older games did have such a feature straight from the box. Older WWII flightsims, and many of the sub-sims I got lying around also have that feature. It sure would be nice if someone pulled that stunt for CM:BB. smile.gif

I'm thinking... Are the actual models for the vehicles and such placed in individual files or in a larger database?

In the case of reviewing skins, a program that could fetch the correct model by the skin files given in order to give a 3D display would definitely be nifty.

I think the people on CM coding team are the only people who can give a quick estimate on how easy the model code is to utilize.