220+ Beautiful Maps for your pleasure...

Gentlemen,

If you are getting a wee bit tired of QB generated maps, you might like to play on a designed map for a change ;)

A spin-off from Biltong's Campaign Rules is 6 map packs with over 220 maps as well as a list of the maps with all the info you need to select the type of map you want: Battle Type (Assault etc.); Year; Size; Width; Height; Map Type (village etc.); Trees; Hills and Suggested Game Length.

Why are these maps great?

1) Each map was designed specifically for only one Battle Type, E.g.: Axis Probe or Allied Assault etc.

2) The Set-up Zones have great variety, and will bring more surprises for both sides than a QB can ever hope to do.

3) Flag positions are realistic, not just a random ‘flutter’ of flags :rolleyes:

4) The maps are quite beautiful – e.g.: realistic towns with all the eye-candy: fences; orchards; realistic streets; farms; names; damage etc. etc.

5) Variety of maps: from an open cast mine in a mountain to cities to river crossings to state farms…. And above all

6) They have all been designed for tight, exciting game play – Action from the word go!!

The ‘how’ is quite easy – download the latest Map List. When you need a map – check on the list which one you want and import the map. It’s as simple as that. Full instructions (not that you'll need more) come with the list.

Download the Map List here:

SuperSulo's Site

or here

Scooby's Site - including PDF versions for the non-MS compliant individuals ;)

Enjoy

:D

[ March 17, 2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Biltong ]

Originally posted by Erenthal:

I must be totally retarded, because i cannot find the "map list" that you mention. I can find all the 6 map packs, and lots of other files, but no list of the maps. Am I just being stupid and missing something obvious?

I see Super calls it the 'BCR Map Addon'

Enjoy!

Hi,

fyi. as a somewhat newbie player learning to play meeting engagement in CMBB, I like scenarios which gives me good odds to win, without losing the element of randomness found in QB.

What i did was play a QB on Axis assault, but used maps on based on meeting engagements.

Ended up with 2x or 3x the troops, but still preserving the sanity of Meeting Engagements.

Fresh approach I guess.

Originally posted by laxx:

Hi,

fyi. as a somewhat newbie player learning to play meeting engagement in CMBB, I like scenarios which gives me good odds to win, without losing the element of randomness found in QB.

What i did was play a QB on Axis assault, but used maps on based on meeting engagements.

Ended up with 2x or 3x the troops, but still preserving the sanity of Meeting Engagements.

Fresh approach I guess.

Nice variation, allthough you might find that the enemy will have dug in guns and MG positions, as well as bunkers and pillboxes that it won't have in ME's. It will depend on the terrain - if the map is open: light woods and flat terrain, you might lose out - vice versa - you should win. smile.gif

Biltong

Very nicely done maps...this really makes for some good QBs. The flag positioning in particular is a big improvement. It makes so much more sense to fight for possesion of a bridge or crossroads than some farmer's potato field. Thank you very much!

also I would like to add that the maps doan have the enemy in the usual suspect positions; nothing is more terrorizing that having an enemy coming out from the flank areas where you least expect it..... certainly builds up the excitment level.