Ground pressure

Hi all!

I recently found this site with scanned pages from some scientific papers regarding the ground pressure of different vehicles.

I haven't had time (yet) to compare the numbers listed there with the ones presented in CM.

Mean maximum pressure (MMP) seem to be the way to go though, when comparing cross country performance...

Cheers

Olle

Originally posted by Wilhammer:

Has anyone seen some data on the probability of bogging in various terrain types and weather in CMBB?

This thread has a bunch of results of bog tests.

As far as BTS is concerned, Steve stated that the system they used to calculate ground pressure and likelyhood of bogging IS very simplistic at the moment. It sounded like once Charles has more time to look at this new information things may change.

Sorry about the temporary unavailability of the info, I took the site back to free status after the rush of downloads was over and as a result bandwidth 'overloads' much more easily.

Surprised it showed up so quickly under Google!