Scenario Setup Zones

Hello fellow CM gamers,

I am setting up an Infantry Company size 41' Scenario, Meeting Engagement with a flag in the middle of map (map size is about 480 by 720 ). Should both the German and Russian forces be equally apart from the flag. (I have both sides at about 150 meters from flag )

The Germans seem to have a better reaction time when issuing orders then the Russians, and usually get to the flag first by a turn or so.

When playing the Germans should I pause each unit about 30 seconds to a minute for the first turn of game.

- OR - Should I setup the Germans about 50 meters farther back or Russians 50 meters closer( which is the size of one block in the Scenario Editor map ).

What are other things to suggest, any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

Joe

[ January 16, 2008, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: JoMc67 ]

Wouldnt that give an edge to the Russians if they get a closer start? To think realisticly, the Germans had maybe a bit better trained officers to give commands and so act faster. What with Russians just using human waves to cross open fields =) Sure thats fast, but there are a lot of troops to give that order to.

And so; Russians have more troops. So giving them any help, would mean harder times for Germans.