MODs! All New + An Old Favorite Revisited!

Two new(ish) MODs available for download now!

First we have all-new Heer and Luftwaffe panzer crew winter uniforms. The set includes mouse-gray, white, and camouflage uniforms (splinter for Heer, tan-water for Luftwaffe).

panzer.jpg

Next is an updated/revised Heer splinter camouflage winter uniform mod. It's meant to replace the splinter uniforms in my original Heer winter vol.3 mod pack. This mod features an all-new splinter pattern: it's smaller, darker, dirtier, and more realistic than the earlier one. Here's a comparison shot.

new_splinter.jpg

Got get 'em now! :D

YES!!! I've been waiting for the winter versions, If you noticed in my mod posting at the data base some of the HTs I have modded, the crews have on your uniform mod, and I have had some e-mails asking which uniform mod I'm using because it matches the camo schemes so well. Thanks Andrew you are the king of uniform mods

Thanks Andrew,

Just grabbed your panzer crew unis. Yours are always the uni mods I use, have everything for CMBB and also CMBO. Top job!!

Quick question, any word yet on Russian summer unis? You said awhile ago that you might have been working on a few and I've been patiently waiting to see what you come up with!

smile.gif

Thanks Mike!

Unfortunately CMBB still downsamples my vehicle BMPs, so they never look as good as the uniforms. What I ended up doing was installing Capt. Wacky's lo-res grass and making a *really* small scenario with a minimal amount of trees and stuff as a test bed of sorts. That generally makes things look pretty good.

I'm using an ancient PowerMac 8600 w/G3 upgrade and a 32MB Radeon card, so I'm pretty surprised that I can get them to look that good. smile.gif

Great mod as usually!

But I noticed a problem. I have all your mods installed, winter ones in white, and found out that after installing this one, some of my other troops in white got their sides in splinter. As far as I checked the problem, it concerns bmps 59161 and 59142. Are they shared by late war troops in splinter with mid war troops in white or so?

Have you got a correct list of bmps that you could upload to cmmods, since the one I found enclosed with your mod seems to have errors?

best wishes!

hon

Interesting. There are so many BMPs involved that it does get confusing. I'll double-check and see. So far I have had no other complaints of this type. AFAIK there are no shared textures among the different sets of Heer troops, so I suspect a splinter camo side texture got in there by mistake.

Update: I checked out the BMP list here which indicates that they're the body sides to the mid-war Panzergrenadier squad and platoon/section HQ units. I never did a splinter mod for them (not that I've released yet, anyway ;) ), only mouse-gray and white, So I'm not sure what would be causing the problem. :confused:

Further update: I downloaded the Heer vol2 mod from CMMODS.com (man, it's running slowly today!) and checked out the BMPs, as I don't have the originals here at work. No problems there. The two BMPs you referred to were present and correct. Do you have bits from another mod installed on your computer? I recall JorgeMC doing a splinter-camo winter mod a while back, so maybe that's where the problem lies. Re-d/ling the mod and adding the two correct files should solve the problem.

[ April 14, 2003, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Originally posted by Lord Dragon:

Quick question, any word yet on Russian summer unis? You said awhile ago that you might have been working on a few and I've been patiently waiting to see what you come up with!

smile.gif

Haven't had a lot of time to mod lately, so no work on the Russkies. These German mods have been on my HDD for a while, so I decided to stop being selfish and shape them up for release!

The Soviet winter uniforms should be pretty easy to adapt into summer ones. I want to make something that's substantially different from the stock BMPs, which are pretty darn good, so I may mess around with the colors to reflect the use of the more greenish American lend-lease fabric in the mid- and late-war uniforms. As you can read I've been doing my research!

smile.gif

Thanks for your efford Andrew!

I checked once again and my conclusion is, that it was unnecessary or a mistake to include in THIS late-war mod set-update files: 59142 and 59161 since they`re from mid-war period so they overwrote my white mid-war troop sides!!

BTW I had YOUR whites installed.

Looking forward to your soviet uniform mods and more VEHICLE MODS -especially winter ones!

hon

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Offending BMPs have been removed and MOD re-uploaded to the server. Sorry for the confusion. I really should pay more attention... :rolleyes:

Well, splinter mid-war set would be welcome too!! But please, could you give the guys some extras/ differently attached hand granade or such..

Best wishes

Hon