Help against russian tank rush...

Anyone ever played "Der Manstein kommt" operation?

I'm in Battle 5 now. I have the bridge flag, and currently fight for the church and the one in the open field.

In Battle four, I managed to kill 9 russian tanks (amongst them a few KVs) for the exchange of only two PzIIIJ and one 88.

Next battle starts with about 8 or 9 more russian tanks (mostly T-34) against my remaining 5 PzIIIJ, and all in firing range.

This is insane, I wonder how the scenario designer thought this could actually be "won". To solve this I'd need to keep up a quota of about three russian tanks for one of mine, and given that the PzIIIJ is not at all superior to the T-34, it's gonna be almost impossible.

I know I'm not giving much specific info here - I can try to post a screenshot later - but meanwhile, how would you solve this?

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by RSColonel_131st:

This is insane, I wonder how the scenario designer thought this could actually be "won". To solve this I'd need to keep up a quota of about three russian tanks for one of mine, and given that the PzIIIJ is not at all superior to the T-34, it's gonna be almost impossible.

Doesn't the PzIIIJ have the 50+20 frontal armor (I'm not at my computer otherwise I would look)? If so, those are superior to the regular T-34.

Originally posted by RSColonel_131st:

Next battle starts with about 8 or 9 more russian tanks (mostly T-34) against my remaining 5 PzIIIJ, and all in firing range.

This exact thing happened to me in this operation. I was doing great, patting myself on the back for crossing the river in strength and establishing what I thought was a firm foothold.

Then BAM! at least 7-8 russian tanks in firing range at the start of the battle. They tore me to pieces.

The question is, will you have the stomach to play the follow-up "failure on the Aksai?"

I didn't. yet.