Smoke Question

To save me from running a test on the topic (I'm lazy), and the fact that there is probably someone out there who has already done it I will ask this: Is there any difference in the time that a smoke round from different arty and guns stays on the map? Do larger rounds stay longer or are they all the same?

Larger also tends to last longer, but if you plan to drop again to save your bacon, it's probably too late.

I recommend "walking" the fire around a bit to keep some rounds falling after a good screen has been established. This can be a little tough with LOS blocked by the smoke already out there, but it's better than nothing, particularly for small cal. short adjust time mortars.

Next time before sending your men into the valley of death, run a test map and verify what you will be able to provide for as a smoke screen, this will give you the ability to know up front about what to expect. If you can only provide 2 1/2 minites then wishing you had bigger stuff isnt going to help, learn to make that short time work for you.

A good player learns to make what he has work, others purchase the only things they know how to make work.