AI experience bonus question

Ok, all vets on the board.

I did a few searches but nothing came up (but I'm sure it's been talked about before).

I recently played a QB versus the computer.

I gave the computer 25% extra points and a +2 experience bonus to make things interesting.

I played for a while and to my astonishment the computer had brought a few conscript and green troops to the battle.

How is that possible when I gave him a +2 experience bonus.

Since my settings are: computer quality troops medium, he should have at least veteran troops.

I'm sure there's an easy answer.

Enlighten me smile.gif .

//Salkin

The inexperienced swede

OK Salkin, I'll help because I thought exactly the same when it happened to me in CMBO smile.gif

The troops still show on screen as Conscripts but in your example will fight, rout and move as Regulars. The description on screen does not change but you should notice that they aren't breaking at the first shot and are firing at you more effectively.

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

OK Salkin, I'll help because I thought exactly the same when it happened to me in CMBO smile.gif

The troops still show on screen as Conscripts but in your example will fight, rout and move as Regulars. The description on screen does not change but you should notice that they aren't breaking at the first shot and are firing at you more effectively.

Thanks, Rex .

I noticed they could take a lot of punishment before braking compared to previously encountered conscript troops :D .

//Salkin

The ultimate paradox-swede CS and CMBB fan

The troops still show on screen as Conscripts but in your example will fight, rout and move as Regulars.
Do they also get access to commands that Regulars have but Conscripts don't? For instance, Assault, Advance, and Covered Arc.

Not that the AI is likely to use any of those. B^)