I'm proud to announce RobO's Quick campaign (ROQC) version 1

Hey Robert

I will like to try it out ,but every time I'm getting the "operation timed out " message .

Is there another link to the website ,or another way to obtain the file ?

regards

konrad

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You for reply

perhaps bad luck on my side (I did try couple of times before with this same result )

email on the way

and is about last beta version (2.00 e)

thank You again and keep up good job :)

konrad

Beta Version 2.00j is out.

There are several good changes from 2.00e, in particular Raid batles (which are a somewhat unusual challenge - requiring you to enter enemy territory, destroy a target and - here's the interesting part - withdraw to your own lines). And Retreats are back, albeit with a lower frequency of appearance.

This time I really don't expect to change anything from this version to version 2.00, except for error corrections and balance adjustment of parameters.

It's pretty much ready for a release as 2.00, but a complete release is a good deal of work e.g. with updates of all the example campaign files. It only takes one spreadsheet change to invalidate all these campaign updates. So, I'm going to let this simmer for a while, probably a couple of weeks, then go for 2.00.

Version 1.00 was a great product, but I think it has come a long way since then. It is much better now, and a good base for conversion to CMAK (I have in fact started the conversion based on this version).

Hey looks great. I haven't been around the boards in many months and I'm curious about something. Back then there was another rather complicated campaign system being worked on. They had done 1941 and I believe they were working on 1942...

Biltong! That was it! Billtongs campaign rules.

How does this compare to that and whaterever happened to it??

Thanks,

Ken

Originally posted by Javaslinger:

Hey looks great. I haven't been around the boards in many months and I'm curious about something. Back then there was another rather complicated campaign system being worked on. They had done 1941 and I believe they were working on 1942...

Biltong! That was it! Billtongs campaign rules.

How does this compare to that and whaterever happened to it??

Thanks,

Ken

BCR has a much narrower scope than ROQC, and is also more detailed. It served as an inspiration for me in making ROQC. ROQC is very flexible and allows you to play pretty much any core force anywhere in the war. You should check it out - but be sure to get the latest beta: 2.00j.

Biltong got caught up with RL and passed the responsibility to Scarhead, who also seems to be caught up in RL at the moment. I don't know what the status of BCR is now. Why don't you dig up the latest BCR thread (do search in this forum) and ask?

• 2 weeks later...