My Mine Is Your Mine

Now I'm sure I've missed somefink, didn't read somefink, or didn't understand somefink. But in my view, mines AP or AT, should not be visable until one is on top of them, save for possibly engineer units. In one game I have going, I could see enemy AT mines at setup. And even more disconcerning, my opponent commented that he could see nothing but mines (also during setup). On the other hand, I currently have a game going where my opponent has just casually trotted an entire platoon directly through an AP mined area with nary so much as a scratch. No explosion, no pop, no poof, no indication what so ever that the enemy infantry force triggered anything at all.

Inquiring mines want to know! :confused:

[ February 20, 2003, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Originally posted by Tigrii:

Daisy-chain AT mines are visible because they're not buried, which is what may have happened to you.

What he said, and also, infantry don't always trigger mines when they go through them. especially if they are AT mines.

I had a game once where I had two running squads one behind the other, heading for a stand of trees. One squad ran right to the trees with no incident, the following squad, triggered a mine in basically the same path. It's a game of inches my friend.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tigrii:

Daisy-chain AT mines are visible because they're not buried, which is what may have happened to you.

What he said, and also, infantry don't always trigger mines when they go through them. especially if they are AT mines.

I had a game once where I had two running squads one behind the other, heading for a stand of trees. One squad ran right to the trees with no incident, the following squad, triggered a mine in basically the same path. It's a game of inches my friend. </font>

Everbody's a comedian... :D

Yes, great mines think alike!

No mine problem is, the infantry stampede I watched roared right through (directly through in fact), an AP mined area, not AT. Not sure what they are, maybe it'll turn out their engineers, or maybe the lil buggers is Uberfinns in disguise. I'm about to loose my mine over this.

[ February 20, 2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]