Help With Mods

I know that this is going to sound like whining, but does anyone have a "mod package" for CMBB?

Last weekend I downloaded a whole bunch of mods - tanks, guns, uniforms, terrain, sounds - and installed them on my mac. Then CMBB would crash on opening. It just seems sooooo time-intensive to test each one to see if it works. Even a basic "package" would be great.

thanks for any ideas/leads.

thor

Mods shouldn't as far as I know cause the game to crash - overload your Graphics card maybe if they were high res (be careful with alternative sky mods). Did you back up your bmp files/folder so you can restore the game easily? Also some of the sound mods need to be converted to wmv files before they can replace the originals.

What Mac and graphics card have you got, what is the nature of the 'crash' and what particular mods have you tried to install?

Originally posted by Yggdrasill:

I know that this is going to sound like whining, but does anyone have a "mod package" for CMBB?

Last weekend I downloaded a whole bunch of mods - tanks, guns, uniforms, terrain, sounds - and installed them on my mac. Then CMBB would crash on opening. It just seems sooooo time-intensive to test each one to see if it works. Even a basic "package" would be great.

thor

Good questions Wicky.

I have an older G4, 400mz, with a Radeon 64mb graphics card. Yes I backed up my bmp and reinstalled that folder when I couldn't get the other one to work. And yes, I did have some alternative sky mods. But I have a lot of ram, so that really shouldn't be a problem.

As to the nature of the crash, I don't remember exactly, but I think the game froze when trying to load a scenario.

As to the particular mods, too many to list but there were a lot, dled from the CMMODS site.

You've given me some good ideas. I'll start with uniforms, then vehicles, then terrain/sky, then sounds. It's just so time consuming, testing each mod pack. I'll check out the sound mods to see if they need to be converted, but I'm using a program (a mod manager) to convert the files for a mac so that shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Originally posted by Wicky:

Mods shouldn't as far as I know cause the game to crash - overload your Graphics card maybe if they were high res (be careful with alternative sky mods). Did you back up your bmp files/folder so you can restore the game easily? Also some of the sound mods need to be converted to wmv files before they can replace the originals.

What Mac and graphics card have you got, what is the nature of the 'crash' and what particular mods have you tried to install?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yggdrasill:

thor

</font>