Attacker Casualty Point Factor?

Designing a couple of operations and cant quite figure this one out. Search turned up nothing and the manual is kinda vague about whether more points help the attacker or defender. What I want to know is do you increase the points to help the attacker or decrease them? In other words does setting it on say 70% give the attacker a bonus or setting it on 150%.

Originally posted by Emar:

Designing a couple of operations and cant quite figure this one out. Search turned up nothing and the manual is kinda vague about whether more points help the attacker or defender. What I want to know is do you increase the points to help the attacker or decrease them? In other words does setting it on say 70% give the attacker a bonus or setting it on 150%.

Casualty rates do not affect the effective force you can buy:

If you have 1000pts at 20% casualties, you can buy 1250 points, of which approx. 20% or 250 pts will be casualties. Thus you have about 1000 pts left for setup.

Nevertheless casualty rates help a little bit as you can often buy bigger formations, whose parts are cheaper than bought on its own. (Read: 3 single companies cost more than a btn with exactly those coys plus the btn HQ).

Gruß

Joachim

Thanks for the info scarhead. I just want to make sure we are on the same page as what you are describing sounds a lot like the head count feature used when purchasing units to simulate previous casualties. I am speaking of the "attacker casualty point factor" setting which is on the parameter page for static operations and which allows settings from 10% to 1000%. I had assumed this was a feature to give a point bonus to an attacker to compensate for the greater blood loss sustained by attackers over that sustained by entrenched defenders. Am I still not getting it? :confused:

[ July 22, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Emar ]

The point factor can be used to simulate the acceptability of losses.

By setting it to 150%, the points scored for causing casualties on the attacker are 150% of the value of the units destroyed - i.e. the attacker can ill afford casualties.

Setting it lower than 100% will mean you score less than the units point value (i.e. at 50% point factor, a 200 point tank will only net you 100pts if destroyed)

The attacker can afford to lose units in order to gain ground or attrite the defender.