any videos made of the game action?

I was trying to show a friend the CM series... but he wasn't getting the true effect of this game... with me trying to rush orders to show him some action...

just wondering if any of you have made any movies of the CM series action, like using fraps or something? or does anyone know of a link with those there so i can just show him the movie action without explaining the order phase.

thx for your time.

Were you trying to show him while you two were physically in the same room? Just wondering. If you have CMBO, the opening movie might serve your purposes somewhat. You could point out guns geing knocked out and a squad's morale breaking. There have been a couple of videos made, usually turned into black and white to look like actual WWII footage, but I don't know where to get them or even if they are still online.

Hope that helps a little.

J Kruger

Type in 'CM movie' into the search. I did a while ago chasing the long lost CMBO move-stiching movie maker.

Anyway, I found a few sources mentioning having made promo movies...and there's at least one bunch of high school kids who did a newsreel using CMBO. Sorry, haven't got the site. Try google or the web ring... you might find it.

And if you play PBEMs using the PBEM Helper program, it can run turn after turn more or less automatically so that you can talk a friend through a PBEM battle you might have fought using it.

[ October 09, 2003, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: HarryInk ]

I have used Fraps [very useful for stills cap] as a movie and the raw data for a minute was about 600MB. I was using too high a rate admittedly.

If you use PBEMHelper there is a method for jumping back through saved films which would give the great advantage of manageable files and, unlike the movie, you would be able to go to as many positions on the map that your buddy wanted to see. Very very much more flexible ...... let alone what it is really designed for... see thread: "Two turns etc" somewhere on the this page of the BB.

Happy playing

Originally posted by dieseltaylor:

I have used Fraps [very useful for stills cap] as a movie and the raw data for a minute was about 600MB. I was using too high a rate admittedly.

If you use PBEMHelper there is a method for jumping back through saved films which would give the great advantage of manageable files and, unlike the movie, you would be able to go to as many positions on the map that your buddy wanted to see. Very very much more flexible ...... let alone what it is really designed for... see thread: "Two turns etc" somewhere on the this page of the BB.

Happy playing

600MB/minute is way too much! Hell, Raw DV is "only" 216MB/minute.

A reasonable setting should get you 40MB per minute.

Gyrene