CM mod Datebase

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Then a few other great sites began hosting mods, Matt became fully involved with BFC, Superted had other priorities, and the updates became less frequent over at CMHQ. Now aside from the occasional CMMOS release (and it looks like we've had the last of them) there's barely any point going there at all.

While I won't speak for MadMatt or MikeT, I can say that conversions to CMMOS are still occuring. A small group of us has continued to support Gordon's utility. The key question now, is where we will end up posting them. www.cmmods.com is an obvious option, but the bandwidth issues discussed above remain. MikeT is working hard to find the mods a home.

Speedbump

[ January 30, 2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Speedbump ]

If you think it's bad when it's this slow, think of how it'll be when my ISP shuts me down. With traffic use like this, it won't be long.

And don't forget, speed costs $$$ and this site is free.

COG

Yes and then **** will hit the fan. The site is free the product is free and it should not matter if the down load time is 1k/sec. It is free. Thank you for staying free COG.

x13th

Originally posted by x13th:

If you think it's bad when it's this slow, think of how it'll be when my ISP shuts me down. With traffic use like this, it won't be long.

And don't forget, speed costs $$$ and this site is free.

COG

Yes and then **** will hit the fan. The site is free the product is free and it should not matter if the down load time is 1k/sec. It is free. Thank you for staying free COG.

x13th

You are most welcome!

COG

Originally posted by Speedbump:

The key question now, is where we will end up posting them. www.cmmods.com is an obvious option, but the bandwidth issues discussed above remain.

Yes, bandwidth would be a HUGE issue on my site. Look what happened when only one(1) 18MB mod was posted. The site was dropped to it's knees begging for more bandwidth. I don't think that hosting the CMMOS mods on my site is a good idea. They should probably be kept at CMHQ. They've got the bandwidth to handle it, I don't.

COG

Yes, bandwidth would be a HUGE issue on my site. Look what happened when only one(1) 18MB mod was posted. The site was dropped to it's knees begging for more bandwidth. I don't think that hosting the CMMOS mods on my site is a good idea. They should probably be kept at CMHQ. They've got the bandwidth to handle it, I don't.

COG

THE GUILT IS KILLING ME! :D good thing i decided to release the packs once a week. my original plan was to release all the armor and vehicles at once :D hmmmm i will separate em from now on

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

THE GUILT IS KILLING ME! :D good thing i decided to release the packs once a week. my original plan was to release all the armor and vehicles at once :D hmmmm i will separate em from now on

Yes, break em up and take your time posting. I was enjoying being able to do a little web surfing yesterday, but only a little. ;)

COG

COG:

Just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your site. I find downloading from it reasonably fast & reliable. It's a lot faster than CMHQ in fact & I can be fairly sure that I'm going to get what I want when I want it ( none of this " Page cannot be displayed " nonsense - that irritates the hell out of me!!! ) I hope you can keep it up for as long as possible. Thank you for all your efforts.