Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMAK? Greece and the Balkans

Dear BF/BTS,

Does the CMAK remit cover the entire Mediterranean? Will CMAK cover Greece and the Balkans? Are there any Greek army units for the 1940 campaign or Adriatic theatre partisans (Greek and Yugoslav)for later years? If Crete and Operation Mercury are possible then I am hoping TOEs/unit data for Greece 1940 might also be possible, or will one be confined to Commonwealth units?

As the threat to the eastern Adriatic was integral to the Allied "Mediterranean Strategy" I was hoping the appropriate units might have been included.

Looking forward to Tunisia and Italy.

Originally posted by atiff:

Despite the fact that there will be no actual Greece setting, you can probably still fake battles from the campaign using Commonwealth forces with the scenario editor.

If you mean by that, having Commonwealth forces stand in for Greek or Yugoslav forces, I am extremely sceptical that that would prove satisfying. Both armies had significant differences from the BCE forces in the way they were armed and organized.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Well, obviously I do. What else do you need?

:D

Michael

Repent you wicked Grog, or I will send you a Finnish Civil War 1918 scenario! It uses Romanians as Whites and Partisans as Reds, but that probably won't bother you... oh, and it has some tanks as 'armoured train'. And the infantry teams on jeeps, those are mounted cavalry.

Now, do I have to continue, or will you agree that substituting the Greeks with Commonwealth is a good idea? Or... HANS! BRING OUT THE PUNIC WARS SCENARIO PACK!

P.S. And do I have to mention that CM engine adapts well for operational and grand strategy games? ;)

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Well, obviously I do. What else do you need?

Michael

Repent you wicked Grog, or I will send you a Finnish Civil War 1918 scenario! It uses Romanians as Whites and Partisans as Reds, but that probably won't bother you... oh, and it has some tanks as 'armoured train'. And the infantry teams on jeeps, those are mounted cavalry.

Now, do I have to continue, or will you agree that substituting the Greeks with Commonwealth is a good idea? Or... HANS! BRING OUT THE PUNIC WARS SCENARIO PACK!

P.S. And do I have to mention that CM engine adapts well for operational and grand strategy games? ;) </font>