Moving Wheels

Hi all! Before I write what may seem like a complaint, let me say this. I LOVE THIS GAME. I have been a tabletop wargamer for many years now and painted/purchased more armies than can be easily displayed in one room. I have not picked up a paint brush or bottle of glue or pushed a piece of metal/plastic across a gaming board since November. That was when I made my fateful puchase of CMBB. My gaming group has been completely converted by this game. I know I am preaching to the choir, but wanted to make sure you knew how I felt. If nothing in CMBB changed ever, I would still be the happiest guy around.

Having said that, I was wondering if there was any MOD or gaphics card out there that would make the "wheels" on tanks/other vehicles move (spin, ect). Just wanted to make sure that I wasnt missing out on anything.

Thanks!

Curtis

Well, in order to make the wheels spin it would probably involve cracking the game's hardcoding, completely rebuilding 300 vehicle polygons, completely rewriting the game engine... have I forgot anything? Oh yeh, maybe fighting off BFC's lawyers to boot!

That being said, since doing my first tank mod for CMBO I haven't picked up a single plastic model kit or tube of glue. 'Virtual modeling' is here to stay!

[ April 11, 2003, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

"Well, in order to make the wheels spin it would probably involve cracking the game's hardcoding, completely rebuilding 300 vehicle polygons, completely rewriting the game engine... have I forgot anything? Oh yeh, maybe fighting off BFC's lawyers to boot!"

---------------------------

Yeah, I figured as much, but thought I would test the water. Thanks for the reply.

Curtis

BFC should find a venue to advertise CMBB as 'virtual modeling'. The game's about the cost of one Tamiya kit, and it includes 300 vehicle polygons and access to more than 6,000(?) bmp art files!

How else (besides tiny 1/76 scale) could I have got the chance to have so much fun working on a Valentine III model?

Originally posted by pcpilot:

Ah! The name PanzerBlitz...thats brings back some good tabletop memories. Welcome to the club PB, your home now among friends... smile.gif

Yep, my very first wargame...as a matter of fact, Im sitting here looking at the boxset on my shelf. We've come a long way from those cardboard counters...huh?

Hehe. Squad Leader was my first game back in 1980. Then it was Panzer Leader. Then it was Guns of August. I still play board games like crazy and still play mini battles with terrain and all.

Never found a computer war simulation that pleased me until CMBO. Have been hooked since then. BUT, I still haven't quit the board games. Nothing like sitting in a smokey room full of good friends cursing at each other over brilliant moves or stupid blunders.

Welcome, PanzerBlitz. The more the merrier. smile.gif