Question re the Glantz canon

I recently decided it was long past time that I read Glantz. I've recently picked up "Stumbling Colossus" and "Colossus Reborn" and am already into them. I take it the forthcoming third book in his trilogy will cover the late war.

Question: in the opinion of the Wise Ones (you know who you are), should I also pick up "When Titans Clashed"? Does it provide distinctive information, or is it an earlier work whose core theses are being revised and expanded by the Colossus trilogy?

Thanks in advance....

Originally posted by AlmightyTH:

BTW, how do you do to actually read the colossus books? they are reference books imho, a bit like a dictionnary.

I dunno, I guess I like data, just like a lot of the other folks on this board. I consult in manufacturing operations. It's kind of similar except that on the front line the depreciable life of the assets (and labour) can be weeks, days or minutes, as opposed to years.

And if you have the patience, data (the kinds of things JasonC writes about -- running vehicles, supply bottlenecks, trench strength, etc.) will tell a fascinating story all its own which can corroborate, refute, or (most likely) put in better context the hazy memories of the veterans.

I wrote a college paper (20 years ago now) on the Soviet airborne forces (VDV) which got me into some of the Soviet military historical journals, so I suppose I don't have as one-sided a view of the Russian war as some. But like most 1970s generation AH gamers, my view of the day-by-day is still shaped largely by the German "tragic heroism against the Asiatic hordes" leitmotiv: Guderian, Manstein, Carrell, von Mellinthin / Liddell Hart, Sajer, et al.

Glantz is a good antidote to the "faceless hordes" nonsense... The other side of the hill for the other side of the hill, as it were.