Exactly which card....

Hi all! I saw a posting earlier about someone having problems with not being able to see fog in the game (I have the same problem). I copied the response down and plan on going to Best Buy tomorrow to by a new video card. Now I want to make sure I get the right one.

From reading the earlier post, it seems I should get a Geforce4 video card...is this correct? There was mention of a NVIDIA and MX420 as well. Are these better cards? I have a brand new computer (P4, 2.5gig hard drive)

I just want to make sure I get the right one.

Thanks in advance!

Curtis

might also consider a gf3 ti200

gainward makes a gold sample that i bought that is overclocked from the factory and covered under warranty overclocked

i run it set back to normal running speed and everything runs smooth - and it works with drivers that definitely work with the game w/ FSAA and AF on

I researched this to death when I was in the same boat last year. The upshot I found is stick with a Ge-Force (I got the 4 Ti 4200 with 128M RAM) and use the 30.87 drivers. Avoid the Radeon's, excellent cards in other respects BUT in CM they don't do fog.

Hope this helps.