Well i have finaly gone and done it.

At long last i have redone my site. smile.gif

This has taken me about 3 weeks solid but i think i am getting the hang of it now.

I have added some tutorials on modding(any more would be more than welcome HINT HINT).

I have added a forum so we can talk modding.also it might stop me getting swamped with emails about my tutorial.

Feel free to drop by :D

I will update and redo bits over the next few weeks. ;)

Thats after i have got back to doing some modding. :D

Any comments or ideas are more than welcome. :eek: smile.gif

I am having a few problems with your forum. Will I have to log in EVERYtime I add a reply--especially withing a few minutes of a previous posting? I love the idea, but is anyone else having problems with your green background? I guess it is true that you can go blind by ...er, never mind! :D

Looks like a great outlet for modders and/or mod maniacs.

What colour green have you a problem with .

the whole site or the forum.

and you could always book mark the page so you don't have to log in.

I never need to log .

Has any body tried the tutorial out yet?

if so hows it going?

[ June 04, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: gautrek ]

Originally posted by gautrek:

What colour green have you a problem with .

the whole site or the forum.

It's the black text on the dark green background. It's almost impossible to see. How about a pale yellow or white text? I like the background color, just can't read the black text.

Also, you might want to ask BF.C if they would post a sticky message at the top of the BF.C forums letting people know that you are running a MOD Discussion Forum. I know a lot of people have asked for it on here....

Ahh! That's MUCH better! :D Sometimes I think all of those years spent reading the tiny print on all of those cardboard boardgame counters ruined my eyes! Then again, looking at computer monitors isn't the best thing for your eyes either.

I love the site, and the idea. I ran a short-lived thread a few weeks back called "mod talk" and got a decent amount of replies. Now all modders have a home--a place we can go to just talk mods.

It's rare to find any CM gamer (outside of a few BFC boys) that are not interested in mods. What I like to see is some coordination and cooperation amongst all of the modders. HOW MANY KING TIGER AND TIGER 1's DO WE FREAKING NEED? :mad: Can we have something else now? Even "boring" mods--dirty Soviet trucks for example, would be welcomed in my eyes.

Anyone else out there with a mod "wish list"? :confused:

Here's your outlet. Now I have two cool forums to surf. Good job Gautrek!

Originally posted by tooz:

I am having a few problems with your forum. Will I have to log in EVERYtime I add a reply--especially withing a few minutes of a previous posting?

If you are still having problems logging in read this.

Its taken from the FAQ about the board

FAQ: Unable to stay logged in or access private forums?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are several things that we would like you to try.

First, verify that the date on your computer's operating system is correct. Here are the instructions for that:

1) Click on the Start button - (I'm assuming that you have Windows on your computer, correct me if I'm wrong)

2) Click on the Settings

3) Select the Control Panel

4) Click on the Date and Time

5) Change it accordingly from here.

Double-check the date even if you are certain it is correct. Sometimes date settings seem to change for no obvious reason.

Next try these things:

1) Try deleting your cookies. Here are the instructions: http://www.ezboard.com/help/user/cookies_deleting.html .

2) Then log in from here: http://login.ezboard.com/BBSUser.fromWeb (if you are a global user) or from your ezboard (if you are a local user).

3) If you still are prompted by login screens when you are in your Control Center, go back to the homepage (http://www.ezboard.com ) or your ezboard and try logging in again.

Cookies and frames don't mix, you cannot stay logged in when viewing a board in frames (such as, linking through a web site). If you right click your mouse button in the frame, and select "Properties", you will see the URL of the ezboard. Highlight that URL, copy and paste it into the address box of your browser in order to view the board and stay logged into your account.

Note from Joey: The problem with IE6 is caused by the new privacy features. To fix follow these steps:

1) Click Tools...

2) Click Internet Options...

3) Click the Privacy Tab

4) in the top half of the tab is a slider that controls the cookies, move the slider all the way down.

5) Click OK

More info from Zanti Agent:

1. Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/ Tab in IE6, if using the custom (advanced) cookie management option, First Party Cookies have to be accepted to log into ezboard.

2. Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/ Tab in IE6, If using the default settings, you have to be set no higher than medium to stay logged in.

Login again and you should be fine

EDITED April 22, 2003:

Several users having trouble logging in or staying logged in have had to turn off high security recently, while you should use this feature if you can, if you are having difficulty logging in or staying logged with this feature on, try turning it off when you get the login page with it on it after you get logged out or the system rejects your password, if this solves your issue, please post a note in the local account login issues forum or the Global account login issues forum depending on which type of account you have.

If none of these solutions work, please post in the appropriate forum what steps you have taken to try and resolve this issue.