Finnish Panzer IVH

Anyone know what is up with this model? It is supposed to have skirts but doesn't even though the skirt BMP's are there. There is hard coding for a spare wheel rack but no BMP for it. The BMP's just don't come anywhere close to actually fitting the coded model..... Basically the whole thing is a complete mess! Does anyone know what is going on here?? :confused:

No Panzer IV H models in Finland (at least not in Finnish service), those are Pz IV J models with skirts removed (skirts didn't stay attached in tests, so they were removed). BFC models them with Pz IV H as they model Finnish Stug IIIG (late mid) with skirts removed with Stug IIIG (early mid). I have had this discussion with BFC before smile.gif . It's compromise, and I doubt Finnish models were important enough to deem new vehicles added to CM, since Stug was easily abstracted without any real difference and PZ IV never saw combat in Finnish service.

Cheers,

M.S.

Thanks guys smile.gif the info helps. I have just finished remodelling this as a skirtless IVH. Of course the data is still wrong 'cos the data is for a tank with skirts, but at least it will look like a tank in-game instead of a mess ;)

One problem though - if it was used AGAINST the Germans would it have sported swas**cas (censored for the benefit of the easily offended :D ) 'cos I desperately want to add them as a finishing touch. Any advice appreciated.

When finished I will post to cmmods then you get a choice - a Marcus mod, a Limey mod or a pile of crap!!

Originally posted by Limey:

One problem though - if it was used AGAINST the Germans would it have sported swas**cas (censored for the benefit of the easily offended :D ) 'cos I desperately want to add them as a finishing touch. Any advice appreciated.

Actually, they didn't see any action during the Lapland's war. Also, in CMBB Finns only fight against the Soviets. And in any event, I don't think the symbols in tanks got changed until the end of the war. In a photo from November '44 there's a Finnish T-34 in Lapland, with swastikas.

Now, I don't know if the FAF changed their symbol before 1945 or later. You'd think that they wanted to make sure the Red pilots didn't mistake them for Luftwaffe.