**mikeyD Yellow Panther G modder's mods for Earl Grey!**

You know where, CMBB side:

www.cmmods.com

Because Earl Grey wanted it, a modder's-only Panther G (early) and (late) pack for camouflaging purposes ONLY. Plain yellow paint scheme for these vehicles is TOTALLY ahistorical.!

-The Panther G (early) offers a choice of steel or dished roadwheels, turret side with or without spare track links, and a separate decals folder.

-The Panther G (late ) offers a choice of shrouded exhaust pipes or 'flammvernichter' exhaust, open or closed turret rear hatch, and a separate DECALS folder.

Screenshot:

YellowPanthGs.jpg?t=1172094564

According to Jentz (Let's see if I can recall this correctly without it being in front of me) the last of the Zim Panthers started getting a factory applied three color yellow/green/brown camou. When they dropped the Zimmerit coating they were able to also drop the brown camou paint as well, letting the red primer base serve as a substitute (I believe Zimmerit came out of the tin already tinted yellow. ). It sounds lke they were running short of yellow paint, there were written instructions in an pinch to substitute panzer grey color for the yellow in the camouflage. I don't know if this ever happened. Things start to get confusing when, by the end of 44 instructions were issued to start shipping Panthers with a green basecoat! One supposes they had to reopen their tins of brown for camouing purposes then.

So, sometime before September Panthers were rolling off the assembly line pre-camou'd. After September they were using the red primer as one of the colors. And by by the turn of '45 The Pnthers were coming off the line with a green basecoat. That's as much as I know.

-Oh, one more thing to muddy the waters. There seems to have been a gap between Zimmerit being dropped from factory application to orders stopping application of Zimmerit by field units. That may explain a couple pictures out there of Panther Gs with embarrassingly gawd-awful sloppy Zimmerit application :D

[ February 23, 2007, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

MikeyD,

Thanks for the info.

"Herr Director, I know this is probably an inconvient time, but it seams we are out of yellow paint".

"What?!"

"Out of paint with yellow coloring in it, Sir".

"Where?"

"Well apparently, Nationally, Sir."

"Crap!"

"Don't worry Sir. We'll have plenty of yellow paint as soon as we take back Vienna."

"Thank goodness. I hear things are going well on the Eastern Front".

"Yes Sir, if our successes continue as they are we will no longer need to rail our tanks to the front."

"Excellent."

DavidI