Seasonal changes

I persuaded a chum to buy the bundle and we're just starting our second PBEM (he handed me my bottom in the first after I took a handicap ... at least I keep telling myself that's the reason).

It's a winter scenario and he's just asked a question that's never even occured to me before.

I've done a search but can't find any info, so here goes: Does the amount of cover provided by the terrain change throughout the seasons?

More exactly, he says: "I'm not sure about that winter cover ... the woods look very sparse,

apart from the tall pines the cover looks diminished from the lack of leaves? Do you know if there's any difference?"

Unfortunately I don't. Does anyone else?

Yours,

Teddy

[ February 28, 2003, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Edward Windsor ]

Yes the terrain cover does change with the seasons..

I'll quote page 53 of the manual..

"Terrain also changes with the different seasons.For example,depending on the scenarios time and date,trees can be dense and thick(summer) or leafless(winter).Grain fields also change dramatically with the seasons andweather.This has a direct impact on the concealment and cover provided by such terrain."

Hope this helps

Originally posted by Erwin Rommel:

I'll quote page 53 of the manual..

I knew I should have RTFM! Having the CDV game I have to say I rely on the forum as the fount of all knowledge. I'd never even thought twice about it before - I just march my little men towards the flags using whatever is there...

Originally posted by Erwin Rommel:

Hope this helps

It certainly does. Many thanks. Hopefully now this thread can die a quick and painless death to spare my blushes.

Teddy.