Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Grids and Contours

1. I prefer contour lines, however, I'll take a grid. The simple fact is that although this is a three dimensional game it is displayed on a two dimensional screen. I need to see the subtleties (sp. I tried that three different ways) of the ground. I'm a sneaky bastard. I like the military crest and the blind spots. I can't see them well enough on the screen, and while perhaps that is more realistic, the fact that I can pan and zoom and swoop around like a bird isn't very realistic. If you want true realism, wouldn't you keep the viewpoint in "1". If I can fly around like God over the carnage I want to discern the lay of the land, seems a small step after the omnipresence factor.

Besides, I'm a sneaky bastard. Oh, wait, I said that.

2. I want to speed the game up, and anything that helps...well, screw it, I'll stick with I'm a sneaky bastard.

...And what combination of meds you use.

One thing I do is as soon as I get a map and before I start to set my units up is to get down in the 1 view and cruise back and forth over the battlefield. Occasionally when I get to an interesting point, I may raise the view up to 2, 3, or even 4 to get a better idea of how it all fits together. But this gives me a good idea of where the dead ground is, both from my side of the map and the enemy's.

Michael

[ November 11, 2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Michael Emrys ]

• 3 weeks later...