Tanks cannot be set into flames!?

The situation was as follows. I had an enemy russian KV monster surrounded by 4 german flamethrower tanks that unleashed fire against it for half a round but nothing happened! Is this normal. Is not the tank supposed to carry fuels ammo and other flamables?

Your thoughts?

I think what your witnessing is the death clock. Your tanks should pummel the KV until it's either abandoned or knocked out.

I'm playing a scenario and funnily enough a KV flamethrower tank was immediately explosively blown up in style by a flamethrower firing at it from inside a light building.

Originally posted by Euri:

The situation was as follows. I had an enemy russian KV monster surrounded by 4 german flamethrower tanks that unleashed fire against it for half a round but nothing happened! Is this normal. Is not the tank supposed to carry fuels ammo and other flamables?

Your thoughts?

I've used flamethrowers to good effect in early scenarios, where infantry-held anti-tank weapons are non-effective against KVs.

If you cook the tank long enough, the crew will die or bail out. A veteran or better is likely to try to retreat, while conscripts and greens often try to bail. Regulars tend to simply fight the flamethrowers, but often not effectively.

Yep, MY tank was the tank Wicky is talking about. But it IS an FT KV-8 so maybe this AFV is more volatile due to all of its flame ammo? I have seen AFVs knocked out by FTs before, but this baby had a very dramatic explosion. The other tanks didn't burn either, so this IS a good question.

By the way Wicky, your FT team WILL PAY FOR THAT!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: "With death's last breath I spit at thee!

Thanx for your thoughts.

Anyway the situation was really peculiar because after frying the KV for 30 sec my 4 flamethrower tanks seemed to realise that they had a kind of monster tank in close range and hit the reverse :mad: I had to sent a team of 10 men to blow it.

BTW when I odered the team to run towards the tank the "follow" command was not an option :confused: They just run to the indicated direction show the tank and started to throw grenades at it