Now Thats Different

Or maybe I should title the thread: now thats something ya don't see everyday.

I was just finishing up a playtest of an updated version of my No Goulash For Ivan scenario.

I just happened upon on a nose to nose, one on one between a T34-m40 and a Hungarian Toldi-IIa at 105 meters apart.

The crazy thing was the Toldi won the fight, the T34 was manned with a regular experienced crew and the Toldi with a vet crew.

wow0oq.th.jpg

It took about 4 hits to get the crew to bail the T34, I don't know if the T34 was able to get a shot off at the Toldi at all before I happened on the scarp, being that the Toldi is still alive, I'd guess it didn't. :eek: tongue.gif

I guess I didn't stop to think that this would be lost on most cm gamers, being that only about five people likely ever play anything other then german versus russian battles.

But if ya ever played with the hungarians and those toldi AFV's you would understand better, it's no small feat for a Toldi to kill a T34 in a face to face match. I never seen that happen in all the time I've had cmbb, and I played a lot of axis minor battles.

In the game there are three Toldi AFV versions, starting with the:

Toldi 1 - it has a 20mm gun and is available from june - nov 1941, then again july/42 - march/43.

Toldi IIa - it has a 40mm gun and is available from june/42 - feb/43 then again in march/44 - march/45.

Toldi III - it also has a 40mm gun and is available april/44 - april/45

These are the three versions in the game, I have seen mention on the internet of a Toldi II also, but I don't know what is different between the II and IIa models.

You can get the nimrod starting from 1942, this can be a rather deadly anti-tank device on all the russian light armor and even the early T34's, though it only takes one hit for them to die, but that's case with all those toldi's also.

In regard to the nimrod, I like to set up a battle sometimes with nimrods versus su76's, it's a hoot.

Originally Posted BY DavidI:

Boy, I could have used that guy when I played you in Goulash!

I done quite a rework on this battle David, if your interested I could send ya it when it's finished.

Also if your ever interested in playing that Panfilovec again, even just 20 turns or so as the russians this time and I'll take the germans, just to show you how I hoped a person would go about the attack.

What I was doing, was trying to get an idea how these battles played out in two player contest's.

It's just so hard to get people to help ya out in playtesting a scenario.

I certianly want to thank you for helping me with those other two scenarios anyway.

I also want to thank Larry Thorne and Tooz for their help in the past.