Download ?

When I download a Battle from Scenario Depot where do I unzip the Battle to? I assume to the Scenario Folder, but just want to make sure before I do something stupid. By the way, the game which I just received has absolutely humbled me. However, I am very impressed, and will read my manual. It will take some time to get just barely competitive, at least for me even against the AI. Anyway thanks for any help regarding this. I won't ask about MOds yet that seems beyond me, not really sure what they do or what to do.

just a coupla things to know about the graphical 'mods' ...

1] 'mods' do NOTHING to/for your men/vehicles/etc in re their abilities/stats/etc.

simply put... 'mods' are 'eye-candy.' but WOW! some of them are absolutely beautiful.

2] since all 'mods' are in the 'bmp' graphical format [bitMaP = bmp] they go into the BMP folder of the game. *** NOTE: as the 'mod' is often made up of several files (e.g. side panels, road wheels, side of turret, etc.), and for faster d/l'ing, the files are generally Zipped and need to be uncompressed before being put into the 'BMP' folder.

*** BIG NOTE*** - you will need to replace the original files with the 'mod'ed bmp files for them to take effect ... save the original bmp files somewhere you can easily find - in case you want to return to the original bmps. you could do a reinstall, but then you would lose all the bmps you had installed that you still wanted to keep.

for any questions about 'Zipping' - there are many here who can help.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome! The game is easy to play but will take time to master all the neat things in the game. Just take your time....try different tactics...and maybe think about getting the stradegy guide. As far as modding....I just started myself! So many different ones to choose from! Learn the game first....maybe write down some of the things you would like to see in the game( differnt terrain....tank camo....uniforms..ect) and then when you are comfortable with what you feel would improve the "look" of the game start with "Combat Mission HQ" to read about and how to install "mods". Good luck and enjoy the best tactical WW2 game series in the world! :D