Churchill bmp sets question

I run into this earlier this year, asked battlefront about this but never got an answer.

There appears to be two sets of bmp skins for the churchill 3 tank. One set is numbered from 3450 to 3461, it seems to have a round hull side hatch door. The second set is numbered from 15200 to 15210 with a square side hatch door.

I can't in anyway get the artwork for the 3450-3461 to show up in my cdv version of cmbb. What is even more puzzling is I have a mod by gorden molek for the 3450-3461 bmp set with a screen cap!, how the heck did he get that screen shot?.

Could it be that gorden took that screen shot on battlefronts version and the cdv version has been recoded to ignore the 3450-3461 numbers. Or is just plain broken in this regard.

I haven't check it to confirm, but I'd bet money the 3450-3461 bmps are unused CMBO legacy artwork still in the CMBB bmp folder. About halfway through the Beta process a lot of vehicles were renumbered to the CMBB standard but a couple old number sets didn't get fished out of the folder. And... if memory serves... late in the Beta process the Churchill got a whole new polygon, too.

The Molek mod would eather be CMBO or be off a late CMBB Beta. That's my guess.

No need to wonder. I've modded more of that bmp folder than I care to admit, and that Churchill set probably is at least a third (by file size) of the unused art left in the folder. And remember, any other legacy CMBO stuff is laughably low-res compared to CMBB.

That would explain a lot, though I just made a converted churchill for bo from bb a couple a days ago and it wasn't a perfect fit. It appears they hard coded the dimensions of the bb churchill turret smaller then the bo churchill, right from the start.

Thanks for the input.