Yet another laudatory CMBB review...

...up at www.simhq.com

It's very indepth. Here's a wee nugget:

Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord was considered by many, including myself, to be the finest company and battalion level wargame ever created. My recommendation for the first game was to go out and get it, immediately. My recommendation for Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin is the same. Go out and get this game, it is that good. If your wife didn’t get you this game for Christmas she doesn’t love you. If your kids didn’t get this for you for Christmas they are ungrateful little imps undeserving of Santa’s presents.

That is about the best review I've ever read for any game let alone CMBB. Good breadth of coverage and clearly the reviewer know what he is talking about. A self confessed fan of both games I don't think it influences him overly. It's obvious he's installed and scrutinised the game at some depth rather than just take a cursory overview. I hope this review gets read by the uninitiated and a few more fans are created as a result. Good one.

Thanks a lot (yes I do lurk here).

I am a self confessed fanboy that is for sure. Thanks for the positive comments. There are very few games that I consider significant improvements in the genre and CMBO was one of them. CMBB didn't advance the genre, but it didn't need to. I took CMBO and improved upon it, I would love for the changes in CMBB patched into CMBO but I know that would be very difficult, if not impossible.