Flamethower teams not respecting 'pause' commands.

Hi all,

I may be doing something wrong, but I can reliably produce the situation where a FT will begin firing on area fire (not emeny in LOS) at the start of a turn when I have specifically set a 30-40 second pause.

What I am trying to achieve is an area fire without using up all of the ammo.

Has anyone else seen this?

Yeh, flamethrowers and light mortars have this frustrating ability to use up all their ammo supplies when you least want them to.

Pause commands are part of the marching orders and won't affect fire commands. Flamethrowers are particularly annoying because they can fire while on the move -- at least mortars have to stop and set up first!

Maybe using 'pause' will work if reversed. If you give your flamethrower a run/retreat command with a short pause maybe he'll only be able to get a couple initial shots off before running back out of range! Any other suggestions?

[ June 18, 2003, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

If you give your flamethrower a run/retreat command with a short pause maybe he'll only be able to get a couple initial shots off before running back out of range! Any other suggestions?

Getting 'em into a position to actually let loose is my problem. Getting them there and then giving orders to run away. That's just too much to handle. :eek:

I was thinking of ordering him to to run maybe... eight feet? Just enough to stop him using up all of his fuel on that area target. Spending half a scenario walking my flamethrower man into place just to have him run back home again after two 'squirts' would be silly ...though my guy usually dies pretty soon after I march him into place anyway. :D;)