BUG, 101: Path+Hide+Arc=Unhide

1) Give your unit a Move command, any type, and add a Hide on it. (Suppose a TH almost to the forest edge of the road).

2) Because you can visualize his endpoint, you go ahead and give him a Cover Arc, (either type).

3) He no longer has the Hide command at the end of his path.

Easy workaround, but hey- Bug is a Bug, and I've never seen the forum mention this one. Likely too late as well... what can I say?

Eden

Originally posted by Wilhammer:

One could call targeting with hide a bug too, but it is not.

One could call that relevant, but it is not.

You just gotta remember that after you target or give an ARC command, to hide them again.
The fact that there's an "easy' workaround doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed, or at a minimum some mention from BFC like "Noted." That workaround requires knowledge of the anomaly, (not available to most, even readers here, let alone those who haven't purchased the game yet), and unfailing memory skills, (not available to many here, including me).

Think of an ARC command as 'deferred targeting of a zone'.
Think of the AI belaying your orders for no apparent reason as a bug.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about in that sentence; I cannot even tell what sense of the word "deferred" you had in mind. I prefer to think of an Arc as the extremely simple thing it's been until this moment. If you truly believe there's some way to rationalize this behaviour, then please think of explaining yourself in a clear and direct manner.

Eden